I was fortunate to be chosen to facilitate a group for the National Education Association’s (NEA) new website – the Greater Public Schools Network. The plan is for this to be the Nation’s largest Learning Community!
The NEA’s purpose is to bring educators and stakeholders together through this site to:
“Collaborate, advocate, and organize to improve public education by leading a student-centered Association agenda.
The Great Public Schools site has many components:
1. Collaborate on professional issues
2. Search for resources to enhance lessons plans and share ideas
3. Read educational blogs and up-to-date educational news
4. Share your opinions through a feature called Today’s Poll
5. Explore Practical Tools provided by NEA and other partners
6. Join events of interest that are announced via the GPS Network, i.e., webinars, podcasts, etc.”
I spent a long weekend training in Washington DC at NEA Headquarters just 4 blocks from the White House:
I also got to meet and work with some amazing and enthusiastic educators from across the country – as well as some of NEA’s staff. It was an inspiring, yet tiring, weekend.We did get a chance to do a little sight seeing too…I look forward to our second training and networking this summer in Denver, Colorado at NEA’s Representative Assembly (RA) where I will also get to participate in NEA’s Empowered Educator Day! Can’t wait to reconnect with this amazing group!
And if you’d like to join my group, anyone interested in education is welcome (parents, grandparents, etc…) I’m facilitating the CCSS Math 8th Grade group.